Teaching face to face or virtually? These FREE SEL lessons are for you! The lessons are great for Back-to-School and can be an all-in-one lesson or 5 separate lessons. These virtual classrooms go along with my book Be Your Own Hero, and will be a great framework for your classroom norms. Students can click on the interactive hyperlinks in each room that represents a different social emotional skill. Additionally, it is a timely theme to celebrate our heroes around us and within us.
Check out the rooms. They can be used in a variety of ways.
- Start by reading Be Your Own Hero. Use the discussion questions that Stories by Storie has on her blog as a supplement to this book.
- Review these 5 lessons (poster here) as ways to ‘be your own hero’.
- Have students explore the “5 lesson rooms” and report back on paper (guided worksheet coming) or verbally of what they discovered.
- Or present one of the lesson rooms at a time. Choose to explore the room as a class or separately.
- I know YOU amazing educators out there will figure out how to use these virtual rooms and this book. Comment here to share your ideas!
- Also, you can check out my TPT free resource or this 14 page bundles from NCYI on TPT to further support the book’s message.
I really hope this helps at a time when we are all looking for creative ways to connect with our students!